March 15, 2012
- Though I rank contacts right up there with pain killers & stretch jeans as some of the great inventions of the last century, I’ve been wearing my glasses a lot again lately and as I am near-sighted I tend to just put them on the top of my head whenever I don’t need them – and man, I forgot how much I like the way it looks. It makes me feel very Royal Society of London, for some reason, while at the same time taming my hair a bit, which as it is is no mean feat. (By the way, great article – The Royal Society’s lost women scientists – can’t wait for the book.)
- Chanel’s Rouge Noir nail polish. Inspired by Lady Persie (Claire Foy) from Upstairs Downstairs. The first season was a bit boring, but I’m really enjoying the 2nd one because as mmorrow said: “I love it when shows are brave enough to make the protagonists more than mouthpieces for our perspectives.”
- Black cigarette pants.
- YSL — The Black Collection eyeliner pen.
- Sophie Dahl’s writing. (Her novel should already be making its way to my apartment.)
- Sali Hughes’ beauty video on nudes.
- And just in case, you don’t follow me on Tumblr or haven’t really been paying attention – kinda obsessed with Stella McCartney right now. Give me all of your wardrobe, women.