March 23, 2011
It’s time for a bit of a mind & body detox (not necessarily in the literal sense of the word)!
Get back to working out, eating healthy & clear out your wardrobe, head and living space.
Now that it’s light out again…
- For a serene and peaceful state of mind, listen to some João Gilberto & Toumani Diabeté.
- Run 20-30 minutes three times a week, that’s all anyone asks of you.
“Working out is a funny thing. We think we’re working on our bodies. But really it’s our minds we’re molding.” (Source)
- Put your winter wardrobe away, get your summer clothes out.
- It’s time for cold mate tea mixed with lime/lemon juice & sun-steeped iced tea in general.
- Read ‘French Leave‘ by Anna Gavalda. It’s a super quick read & will put you into immediate spring/summer mood.
- If there’s a lake somewhat near your house, go sit by it.
- Invest in some nice sunglasses. And don’t loose ’em. (Note to self, really.)
- Clean white lines.
“And unless you’re extremely organized, a house full of stuff can be very depressing.
A cluttered room saps one’s spirits. One reason, obviously, is that there’s less room for people in a room full of stuff. But there’s more going on than that. I think humans constantly scan their environment to build a mental model of what’s around them.
And the harder a scene is to parse, the less energy you have left for conscious thoughts.
A cluttered room is literally exhausting.”